Sunday evening (7/17) I observed a black bear in my yard. I live on Old Town Rd. (off the Friendship Loop). Bears do not usually come down this far. Everyone who lives around this area and the many people who walk the loop should keep their eyes open and keep their dogs on leash to avoid any problems.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS LOOKING FOR GOOD HOMES
- Wednesday, July 26th–Debating Our Rights, Part II: The Pressures on Citizenship in a Constitutional Democracy with Meg Mott at Putney Library
- 2012 Subaru Outback for sale
- House/Animal Sitter/Farm Help AVAILABLE August 2
- Rupa’s Memorial and Dance Party! Aug 5th at 118 Elliot
- SeVWA’s 2017 E. coli Monitoring of Local Rivers Continued July 19th
- Large Dog Crates for Sale
- Invasive Plant Walk with PMA’s Andrew Morrison – August 26, 10:00 a.m.
- Free Fun Orienteering Program – Sunday, July 30th, 12:00 pm
- 2017 Westminster Garden Tour