Sunday evening (7/17) I observed a black bear in my yard. I live on Old Town Rd. (off the Friendship Loop). Bears do not usually come down this far. Everyone who lives around this area and the many people who walk the loop should keep their eyes open and keep their dogs on leash to avoid any problems.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Partners Again!
- The Stockwell Brothers Band at Mole Hill Theatre on Friday, November 17
- John McCutcheon at Next Stage on Sunday, November 19
- Thankful at Thanksgiving time
- Did the Equifax Data Breach Affect You?
- NEXT STAGE COOKS: PIE MAKING CLASS MONDAY NOV. 13TH 6-9 pm
- Putney Public Library Closed Saturday, November 11th
- Vermont Jazz Center Presents: Elio Villafranca’s Jass Syncopators
- Free Rooster
- INTO THE WOODS OPENS AT MAIN STREET ARTS