On Tuesday, March 28th from 5:30-8:30pm at Next Stage in Putney, Rural Vermont presents its statewide Tour, “Groundswell: Community Conversations about land use, livelihood, food, and the future of Vermont.” At Groundswell, Rural Vermont will share a vision and encourage dialogue about a just transition to a regenerative agriculture in Vermont that meets the needs of farmer, eater, soil, environment, and community alike. Free and open to all with light dinner, cash bar, plus live Appalachian old-time music by Nathaniel Rowan and Nate Pine and social time during breaks. Join Rural Vermont, local farmer host Kate Bowen of Meadowdale Farm, local sponsors Food Connects and Putney Coop, and friends and neighbors for Putney’s Groundswell! Get more info, apply for farmer & childcare stipends, and RSVP at www.ruralvermont.org or (802)223-7222.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- SeVWA’s 2017 E. coli Monitoring of Local Rivers Continued July 19th
- Next Wednesday–Debating Our Rights, Part II: The Pressures on Citizenship in a Constitutional Democracy with Meg Mott at Putney Library
- Large Dog Crates for Sale
- Invasive Plant Walk with PMA’s Andrew Morrison – August 26, 10:00 a.m.
- Free Fun Orienteering Program – Sunday, July 30th, 12:00 pm
- House/Animal Sitter/Farm Help AVAILABLE 7/23
- 2017 Westminster Garden Tour
- The Seamus Egan Project at Next Stage on Friday, July 28
- Introductory Massage Session for $25.00
- Twilight on the Tavern lawn presents The Gaslight Tinkers on Sunday, July 23