On Tuesday, March 28th from 5:30-8:30pm at Next Stage in Putney, Rural Vermont presents its statewide Tour, “Groundswell: Community Conversations about land use, livelihood, food, and the future of Vermont.” At Groundswell, Rural Vermont will share a vision and encourage dialogue about a just transition to a regenerative agriculture in Vermont that meets the needs of farmer, eater, soil, environment, and community alike. Free and open to all with light dinner, cash bar, plus live Appalachian old-time music by Nathaniel Rowan and Nate Pine and social time during breaks. Join Rural Vermont, local farmer host Kate Bowen of Meadowdale Farm, local sponsors Food Connects and Putney Coop, and friends and neighbors for Putney’s Groundswell! Get more info, apply for farmer & childcare stipends, and RSVP at www.ruralvermont.org or (802)223-7222.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Dr. Robert Langer at Landmark College
- We Cannot Escape Responsibility: The Broadcasts of Edward R. Murrow During the McCarthy Era of the 1950s
- Monday at 7pm–Monthly New Moon Circles Continue at Putney Library
- Video of Selectboard meeting of 9/13 is online now
- Next Putney Cares Community Luncheon on Tuesday 9/26/17
- When a town official stops working, what then?
- Heavy Duty Paper Roll Cutters For Sale
- AG 100 Artograph Opaque Projector
- Auction to Benefit Main Street Arts
- One Bedroom Putney Mountain Apartment