On Tuesday, March 28th from 5:30-8:30pm at Next Stage in Putney, Rural Vermont presents its statewide Tour, “Groundswell: Community Conversations about land use, livelihood, food, and the future of Vermont.” At Groundswell, Rural Vermont will share a vision and encourage dialogue about a just transition to a regenerative agriculture in Vermont that meets the needs of farmer, eater, soil, environment, and community alike. Free and open to all with light dinner, cash bar, plus live Appalachian old-time music by Nathaniel Rowan and Nate Pine and social time during breaks. Join Rural Vermont, local farmer host Kate Bowen of Meadowdale Farm, local sponsors Food Connects and Putney Coop, and friends and neighbors for Putney’s Groundswell! Get more info, apply for farmer & childcare stipends, and RSVP at www.ruralvermont.org or (802)223-7222.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Library Closed Thursday and Friday
- We Cannot Escape Responsibility
- Free double bed frame and springs
- Community Contra Dance at Pierce’s Hall this Saturday
- Extended Winter Hours at Putney Library
- The Putney General Store will be open 7am to 12 noon on Thanksgiving!
- 2 Bedroom House for Rent
- Shop Putney Village for the Holidays
- Piano Concert at Main Street Arts
- Jazz Guitarists in Concert at Main Street Arts