On Tuesday, March 28th from 5:30-8:30pm at Next Stage in Putney, Rural Vermont presents its statewide Tour, “Groundswell: Community Conversations about land use, livelihood, food, and the future of Vermont.” At Groundswell, Rural Vermont will share a vision and encourage dialogue about a just transition to a regenerative agriculture in Vermont that meets the needs of farmer, eater, soil, environment, and community alike. Free and open to all with light dinner, cash bar, plus live Appalachian old-time music by Nathaniel Rowan and Nate Pine and social time during breaks. Join Rural Vermont, local farmer host Kate Bowen of Meadowdale Farm, local sponsors Food Connects and Putney Coop, and friends and neighbors for Putney’s Groundswell! Get more info, apply for farmer & childcare stipends, and RSVP at www.ruralvermont.org or (802)223-7222.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- For Sale – Blundstone Boots
- Bagels and Block Playgroup April 2nd
- Garden Design—tips for making it better
- Exercise Bike for Sale
- Saturday, April 1st at 1pm– ALISON AND NEIL TAYLOR DISCUSS “THE LIFE WE GOT: LOSING SIGHT AND GAINING VISION” AT PUTNEY LIBRARY
- Thursday, March 30th–The Use of Labyrinths for Peace of Mind, Body & Spirit
- The Script: A One-Man Play by Tim Collins, Apr. 6
- Immigration Law Info Session
- ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SERVING YOUR TOWN?
- UKULELE-in-a-DAY! 1-Day Quick-Start Workshop for Beginners