Want to learn more about nature? Eager to share the joy of discovery with children? Become a Four Winds volunteer and join a group of community members who share both an interest in nature and a love of children. Four Winds is a community-based organization that provides natural science education for all ages. As a Four Winds Nature Program volunteer, you will bring fun and engaging natural science lessons to the children at Putney Central School. Throughout the school year, adult volunteers meet at the school for a total of 6 two-hour workshops taught by a naturalist from the Four Winds staff. At each session, we’ll learn about a fascinating natural science topic with activities designed to teach children in grades K-5 about this topic. We will also spend time outdoors exploring the school grounds and forest. Then, later in the month, volunteers bring these lessons to the classes, leading children in the activities and taking them outside for an up-close look at the topic of study. This is a great way to meet other people in our community and give the important and rewarding gift of your time to the children in our school. For more information call or text the Program Coordinator, Emily Pals, at 258-8468, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our first workshop of the year is on Friday, September 2nd, from 8:30-10:30 at Putney Central School. This month’s topic is Spiders: Wanderers and Weavers. Please, come join us!
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Oct. 1: “Viva la Voce!” Features Raylynmor Opera Performers
- Wed. Sept 27th –Debating Our Rights with Meg Mott at Putney Library
- Help Needed
- New Exhibition at Latchis Gallery Featuring 12 Putney Craft Tour Artists
- Interested in Shaping PreK-12 Public Education for Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford and Putney?
- “The Mentorships of Robert Frost”
- Putney Recycling Update
- Dr. Robert Langer at Landmark College
- We Cannot Escape Responsibility: The Broadcasts of Edward R. Murrow During the McCarthy Era of the 1950s
- Monday at 7pm–Monthly New Moon Circles Continue at Putney Library