“What’s one thing you would change about Putney?” That’s what Putney Central School 8th graders in Leah Toffolon’s Social Studies class asked people in Putney one day this fall. As part of their “Exploring Sustainability” curriculum, students woked with photographer Evie Lovett and the Vermont Folklife Center to learn ethnographic research and interviewing techniques and media production. Students recorded and produced Vox Pops, audio pieces reflecting the voices of their community. Listen to the Vox Pops and hear what people would—and wouldn’t—change about our Putney community: https://soundcloud.com/evielovett/sets/putney-central-school-vox-pops
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Dog Walker needed
- Thank you Putney community!
- Putney Public Library will be closed on Tuesday, December 12th due to snow
- Ukulele-in-a-Day Quickstart Workshop for Beginners!
- Putney Cares Community Luncheon for Tuesday December 12th CANCELLED.
- 45th Christmas at Christ Church: “Such Wondrous Tidings”
- Open Enrollment for Vermont Health Connect plans ends Dec. 15
- “LIVING WITH BEARS” Talk – January 21st, 4:00 p.m.
- Tonight! THE BRAIN—IS WIDER THAN THE SKY—, THE POETRY OF EMILY DICKINSON AT PUTNEY LIBRARY
- Missing Cat on Hickory Ridge Rd S