Christ Church Guilford Society, Inc. invites the public to a 200th Birthday Gala beginning with a chamber music concert at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 19, in the sanctuary of this historic site at the corner of Rt. 5 south and Melendy Hill Rd. in Guilford, Vt., just over a mile south of Exit 1 off I-91. Internationally renowned musicians Jaime Laredo and Lucy Chapman, violin; Kim Kashkashian, viola; Merry Peckham and Sharon Robinson, cello; and James Winn, flute, will share the stage with Ellen McCulloch-Lovell, who has written a commemorative poem for the occasion. The musical program includes Luigi Boccherini’s Sonata in C Major for Two Celli; selections from György Kurtág’s Signs, Games, and Messages for solo viola; Mozart’s Quartet in C Major for flute, violin, viola, and cello; Andy Stein’s Suite for Two for Violin and Cello; and Boccherini’s String Quintet in E Major, op. 13, no. 5. A festive reception and Silent Auction follow on the lawn. In case of inclement weather, the post-concert activities will move to Guilford Community Church nearby. Tickets at $25 per person are available at Guilford Free Library, at Everyone’s Books on Elliot St. in Brattleboro, and by contacting Anne Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-257-2636. Further details with performer bios are online at https://www.christchurchguilford.com/gala-benefit/ .
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Bake Sale Fundraiser
- Rob Hopkins (Founder of Transition Towns) new book “From What is to What if” – Thursday, February 27th – 6:30 to 8
- The Slambovian Circus of Dreams at Next Stage on Saturday, February 22
- Two Contested Seats for Windham Southeast School District Merged Board
- Songs for an Early Spring
- Babysitter for a few hours a week…
- Public Informational Notice – Article 2 Fire Engine Bond Vote
- Vermont Jazz Center Presents: Bobby Watson & Horizon
- Annual Town Meeting March 3, 2020 Early/Absentee Voting
- Feb. 29th Can Cops Cook? Fundraiser for Windham County Safe Place Saturday Feb. 29th from 5pm-7pm