Sunday evening (7/17) I observed a black bear in my yard. I live on Old Town Rd. (off the Friendship Loop). Bears do not usually come down this far. Everyone who lives around this area and the many people who walk the loop should keep their eyes open and keep their dogs on leash to avoid any problems.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Come Grow With Us At The Putney Community Garden
- Putney Mountain Association Poetry Contest
- Come hear Big Woods Voices & support Putney Cares on Sunday 4/22/18
- Cantrip and Lindsay Straw at Next Stage on Saturday, April 21
- April 21 Women in Music Gala: “O, Britannia!”
- Running for office? Come speak with the Putney Democrats!
- Trinity Rep Announces JAMES ROBERTS, PUTNEY SCHOOL Winner of the 2018 WRITE HERE! WRITE NOW! Playwriting Competition
- Putney Cares next Community Luncheon Tuesday 4/24/18
- OSHER CANCELLED for April 16th