The Putney Cemetery Commission invites all with interest to a day of cemetery restoration led by Charles Marchant of Townshend on Saturday, May 11th, rain date Sunday, May 12th. The workshop will take place at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, located just north of the village center from 10:00 to 4:00. Drop by to lend a hand or just observe. Parking is available at Basketville. The day will begin with a brief tour and assessment of the cemetery followed by some instruction and work to repair damage as time allows. Mr. Marchant is well known for his knowledge of old Vermont cemeteries and his skills in righting, cleaning and repairing headstones. For more information call Greg Wilson at 617-401-6892.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Yellow Barn 2020 Summer Concert Series
- Putney Farmers’ Market is Reopening Our In-person Market!
- Amid Black Lives Matter Movement Comes Call For Change At Putney School
- Next Legislators Online Meeting to Feature Xusana Davis, Director of Vt. Racial Equity Commission
- Putney Summer for Kids!
- Next Stage Drive In Theater Concert – The Vermont Jazz Center Sextet on Friday, July 3
- ROAD CLOSURE – BUNKER ROAD DUMMERSTON VERMONT
- ROUTE 5 BRIDGE CLOSURE
- Windham Southeast School District Election June 30, 2020