The Putney Cemetery Commission invites all with interest to a day of cemetery restoration led by Charles Marchant of Townshend on Saturday, May 11th, rain date Sunday, May 12th. The workshop will take place at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, located just north of the village center from 10:00 to 4:00. Drop by to lend a hand or just observe. Parking is available at Basketville. The day will begin with a brief tour and assessment of the cemetery followed by some instruction and work to repair damage as time allows. Mr. Marchant is well known for his knowledge of old Vermont cemeteries and his skills in righting, cleaning and repairing headstones. For more information call Greg Wilson at 617-401-6892.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Cozy couch for sale
- Have 2 Hours to Help? Putney Mountain Work Day – Sunday, May 19th, 9:00 – 11:00
- Apple Blossom Walk at Green Mtn Orchard w/Ann Kerrey Sunday 5/19/19 @ 1pm
- Putney Moves – 3 Months of Yoga, Save $50.00!
- Mature college student seeks summer housing
- After 40 Years The Greenwood School is going Coed
- Vermont Jazz Center Presents: Alfredo Rodriguez Duo with Pedrito Martinez
- WINDHAM WORLD AFFAIRS COUNCIL TO OFFER TALK ON KYRGYZSTAN
- STREET SWEEPING
- CANCELLED–Castle Freeman to Read at Putney Library – will reschedule