The Putney Cemetery Commission invites all with interest to a day of cemetery restoration led by Charles Marchant of Townshend on Saturday, May 11th, rain date Sunday, May 12th. The workshop will take place at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, located just north of the village center from 10:00 to 4:00. Drop by to lend a hand or just observe. Parking is available at Basketville. The day will begin with a brief tour and assessment of the cemetery followed by some instruction and work to repair damage as time allows. Mr. Marchant is well known for his knowledge of old Vermont cemeteries and his skills in righting, cleaning and repairing headstones. For more information call Greg Wilson at 617-401-6892.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- seeking someone to replace insulation in basement ceiling for hourly rate
- Top the Truck for the Putney Foodshelf
- Heritage Breed Icelandic Roosters
- Blues and BBQ with Danny Brooks and Li’l Miss Debi plus Sunny Lowdown at Next Stage on Saturday, September 21
- Disability Justice Advocate Lydia X.Z. Brown Speaks at Landmark College, October 1
- Town of Putney Equity and Inclusion Committee Forum
- Sarasa Ensemble: Music for 3 Cellos–Discounted Rush Tickets available at Putney Library
- NEYT presents Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind
- Looking for 5 drawer lateral filing cabinet
- Vermont Jazz Center Sextet On Stage at Main Street Arts