The Putney Cemetery Commission invites all with interest to a day of cemetery restoration led by Charles Marchant of Townshend on Saturday, May 11th, rain date Sunday, May 12th. The workshop will take place at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, located just north of the village center from 10:00 to 4:00. Drop by to lend a hand or just observe. Parking is available at Basketville. The day will begin with a brief tour and assessment of the cemetery followed by some instruction and work to repair damage as time allows. Mr. Marchant is well known for his knowledge of old Vermont cemeteries and his skills in righting, cleaning and repairing headstones. For more information call Greg Wilson at 617-401-6892.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Performance Boot Camp Show
- Missing dog
- Maria – Looking for housemate.
- 2019 PROPERTY TAX NOTIFICATION
- Lights for Liberty: A Vigil to End Human Detention Camps
- Windham County Legislative Delegation Announces Broadband Buldout Bill
- July Commnity Supper
- Bringing the lost flavors of Cambodia to the USA
- Bake sale to support families at the border
- Carpenter needed