The Putney Cemetery Commission invites volunteers to an afternoon of cemetery restoration led by Charles Marchant of Townshend on Saturday, September 22nd, rain or shine. The workshop will take place at the Maple Grove Cemetery, located on Old Rt. 5, near the center of town, from 1:00 to 5:00. The afternoon will begin with a brief tour and assessment of the vandalized cemetery followed by some instruction and work to repair the damage as time allows. Mr. Marchant is well known for his knowledge of old Vermont cemeteries and his skills in righting, cleaning and repairing headstones. For more information call Nancy Hood at 802-387-2329 or Greg Wilson at 617-401-6892.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Local Legislators Offer Forum Jan 27 , 1-3pm at Putney Library
- 4 bedroom log home on 5 private acres in Williamsville
- Vermont Jazz Center Presents: Helen Sung’s “Sung With Words”
- Looking for occasional snow clearing help for big storms
- 2019 Dog Licenses Now on Sale
- Wondering what Putney Community Cares is all about?
- JUKE JOINT BLUES & BBQ: SUNNY LOWDOWN AND THE ICE CREAM MEN at Next Stage! BBQ by Top of the Hill Grill
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Appointments
- Effects of Government Shutdown on 3SquaresVT
- Brattleboro Homelessness Awareness Day Vigil