The Putney Cemetery Commission invites volunteers to an afternoon of cemetery restoration led by Charles Marchant of Townshend on Saturday, September 22nd, rain or shine. The workshop will take place at the Maple Grove Cemetery, located on Old Rt. 5, near the center of town, from 1:00 to 5:00. The afternoon will begin with a brief tour and assessment of the vandalized cemetery followed by some instruction and work to repair the damage as time allows. Mr. Marchant is well known for his knowledge of old Vermont cemeteries and his skills in righting, cleaning and repairing headstones. For more information call Nancy Hood at 802-387-2329 or Greg Wilson at 617-401-6892.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Slideshow Presentation on the Spring Bird Migration in Spain
- Just a heads up, i think theres a scammer oj here
- Selectboard Special Meeting Date
- Walking the Camino pilgrimage trail in Spain
- Learn how to prevent Medicare Fraud & more on Friday 11/ 16/2018 @ The Laura Heller Community Barn in Putney, VT @ 1pm
- Chard deNiord Reads at Putney Library
- For Sale: Nesco 18-Qt. Roaster Oven
- Local Election Results
- Susan McDormand Exhibit Opening on Nov. 10
- Community Supper this Friday