On Tuesday, March 28th from 5:30-8:30pm at Next Stage in Putney, Rural Vermont presents its statewide Tour, “Groundswell: Community Conversations about land use, livelihood, food, and the future of Vermont.” At Groundswell, Rural Vermont will share a vision and encourage dialogue about a just transition to a regenerative agriculture in Vermont that meets the needs of farmer, eater, soil, environment, and community alike. Free and open to all with light dinner, cash bar, plus live Appalachian old-time music by Nathaniel Rowan and Nate Pine and social time during breaks. Join Rural Vermont, local farmer host Kate Bowen of Meadowdale Farm, local sponsors Food Connects and Putney Coop, and friends and neighbors for Putney’s Groundswell! Get more info, apply for farmer & childcare stipends, and RSVP at www.ruralvermont.org or (802)223-7222.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Come Grow With Us At The Putney Community Garden
- Putney Mountain Association Poetry Contest
- Come hear Big Woods Voices & support Putney Cares on Sunday 4/22/18
- Cantrip and Lindsay Straw at Next Stage on Saturday, April 21
- April 21 Women in Music Gala: “O, Britannia!”
- Running for office? Come speak with the Putney Democrats!
- Trinity Rep Announces JAMES ROBERTS, PUTNEY SCHOOL Winner of the 2018 WRITE HERE! WRITE NOW! Playwriting Competition
- Putney Cares next Community Luncheon Tuesday 4/24/18
- OSHER CANCELLED for April 16th