As Marlboro College gets ready to close its campus and merge with Emerson College in Boston, WWAC is holding what may be its last “Marlboro event” with two senior Marlboro students. Leni Charbonneau has been in Marlboro’s World Studies Program, traveling to conduct research and field work in Northern Japan and working closely with activists and organizations representative of Japan’s Ainu community. Her presentation is entitled “Japan and the Ainu: A Spectacle of Sustainability.” Adam Weinberg immersed himself in Marlboro’s formal adjudicating body, its Community Court. His talk, based on this experience is entitled “Compassion for the Inconsiderate: Local Politics, Global Values.” Come and hear these talks, which showcase the wonderful educational opportunities that Marlboro College has been providing to its students since 1946.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Lucy Terry Prince Poetry Prize
- River Singers Holiday Concert to Benefit CASP
- Hiroya Tsukamoto, innovative guitarist, at Stage 33 Live
- Putney Historical Society
- Last Chance To Register For NEYT Junior Company Winter Play!
- Vermont Jazz Center Presents: Annual Big Band Scholarship Fundraiser, Celebrating Nat King Cole
- Next Stage Arts Project Hires New Executive Director
- John Stowell & Draa Hobbs, jazz guitar
- Putney Library Closed Monday Dec 2nd due to snow.
- Matilda: The Musical is Holiday Show Perfection