As Marlboro College gets ready to close its campus and merge with Emerson College in Boston, WWAC is holding what may be its last “Marlboro event” with two senior Marlboro students. Leni Charbonneau has been in Marlboro’s World Studies Program, traveling to conduct research and field work in Northern Japan and working closely with activists and organizations representative of Japan’s Ainu community. Her presentation is entitled “Japan and the Ainu: A Spectacle of Sustainability.” Adam Weinberg immersed himself in Marlboro’s formal adjudicating body, its Community Court. His talk, based on this experience is entitled “Compassion for the Inconsiderate: Local Politics, Global Values.” Come and hear these talks, which showcase the wonderful educational opportunities that Marlboro College has been providing to its students since 1946.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Putney Farmers’ Market is Reopening Our In-person Market!
- Amid Black Lives Matter Movement Comes Call For Change At Putney School
- Next Legislators Online Meeting to Feature Xusana Davis, Director of Vt. Racial Equity Commission
- Putney Summer for Kids!
- Next Stage Drive In Theater Concert – The Vermont Jazz Center Sextet on Friday, July 3
- ROAD CLOSURE – BUNKER ROAD DUMMERSTON VERMONT
- ROUTE 5 BRIDGE CLOSURE
- Windham Southeast School District Election June 30, 2020
- Growers Guide to Giving: Summer 2020