On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Artist Opening Reception on Sunday, November 17 – Michaela Harlow: “A Mind Of Winter” Paintings, Drawings and Mixed-Media Collage
- Sofia Rei and JC Maillard at Next Stage on Saturday, November 16
- Winter Parking Ban
- Visiting all 251 towns in Vermont
- Bike Trailer/Stroller for sale
- The Suitcase Junket plus Kate Lorenz and The Constellations at Next Stage on Friday, November 15
- BowFlex Available
- For Sale – Hardwire your Generator.
- Janice Baldwin
- Putney Foodshelf hosts a VT Fresh food demonstration November 12, beginning at 5:30pm