On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Introduction to the X-Carve and CNC Skills
- !&$#@* Sharp Honing Hand Tools In the Japanese Fashion
- HatchSpace presents: Beginning Relief Carving
- Make a Bandsaw Box
- WWAC Talk Friday, Oct. 25: “Beheading in the Age of its Technological Reproducibility”
- October Huddle with Meg Mott
- FREE CRIB
- 2nd Installment of 2019 Property Taxes
- Citizen of the Year Nominations
- October Community Supper