On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at email@example.com by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Covid Tests & N95 Masks Available
- Orchard Aid: Good Music for a Good Cause
- Covid Has Returned to Putney
- NEW DATE: Tim Stevenson Presents on New Book, Transformative Activism at Putney Library –Thursday, October 19th at 6:30pm
- NEXT STAGE BANDWAGON SUMMER SERIES – BURLINGTON TAIKO
- Forest Theatre Performance Sat 9/23/23
- ANTJE DUVEKOT and PETE BERNHARD at NEXT STAGE
- Understanding Medicare, 9/25/23
- Bandwagon Summer Series: Rev. Vince Anderson & His Love Choir
- Internationally renowned composer/2018 Guggenheim Fellow Felipe Salles presents his groundbreaking multimedia work The New Immigrant Experience at Next Stage Arts