On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at email@example.com by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Next Stage Arts Project presents The Mammals plus Billy Wylder (solo)
- Putney Public Library is OPEN!
- In support of the Black Lives Matter mural
- Wanted to Borrow – Metal Detector
- TOP THE TRUCK: Virtual Food Drive
- Putney Selectboard Open Position
- Candidate Forums, Thursday and Friday Evening
- Help Wanted: Non-profit coordinator
- BIKE RACK: Thule 4-Bike Rack For Sale
- Landmark College Update on COVID-19 Testing of Students, Faculty, and Staff (September 10, 2020)