On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at email@example.com by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- NEXT STAGE ARTS PROJECT presents GENTICORUM and GADAN
- Forest for Learning Big Tree Wander
- Autumn Woodland Photography Workshop at Forest for Learning
- Saturday, October 1st at 1pm: Growing a Pollinator Garden
- Osher Lecture Series returning to Brattleboro Area
- NEXT STAGE ARTS PROJECT presents TONY TRISCHKA & ROBOT PLANE plus HOT MUSTARD
- Tree Spirit Workshop with Ines Zeller Bass at Sandglass Theater, Saturday, Sept. 24, 2-4pm
- Tiffany Williams, Sara Trunzo, and Bethanie Yeakle at Stage 33 Live
- Visual Artist Destiny Palmer Discusses Creative Process at Landmark College, September 27