On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at email@example.com by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Putney Library Suspends In-Person Visits After Nov 25th– Pickup borrowing and virtual programs continue
- PUTNEY WINTER PARKING BAN
- Landmark College Community Thanksgiving Canceled
- Brattleboro Women’s Chorus hosts 25th Anniversary Virtual Sing with Lea Morris
- Brattleboro Women’s Chorus Fall Virtual Concert
- Lovely Twin Beds for Sale! SOLD
- Free Guinea Pig Cages
- New State Reps Team to Hold Online Community Meeting
- Vermont Covid-19 Arrearage Assistance Program
- Property Tax Payment #2