On Monday, October 14th, at The Next Stage in Putney, local resident, Melissa Trainor, her mother, the Williams Family, Jamaican Jewelz Catering, and other Caribbean community members, and friends will host a Caribbean dinner to raise funds to support the relief efforts on Dorian devastated Aboko and Grand Bahamas Islands. All funds will go directly to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA.) Menu will feature Caribbean dishes like jerk chicken, Bahamian Mac and Cheese, and sweet potato pie among others. Dinner will be served buffet style and begin at 5:00 with a blessing. Seating is limited to 75. $20.00 per person, cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Melissa Trainor or NEMA. For more information or to volunteer, contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th.
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- 1987 Vanagon Country Homes Camper Looking for New Home!
- Taxes and Utility Payments: Alternative Payment Methods Available
- Public Informational Meeting-Bridge Deck Replacement
- Box Truck (or similar) wanted!
- State Reps Host Online District Meeting
- Borrowing Is Back!
- House for rent
- LIVESTREAMVermont Jazz Center Presents: Terri Lyne Carrington & Social Science
- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Green Up Day Vermont on Saturday, May 30, 2020.
- Movers for Hire