In-person voting in Putney will be held at the Putney Fire Station, 21 Carl Snyder Dr., Putney, VT between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 3, 2020. Please be advised that due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, voters will see changes in the process of voting, including one-way traffic, limited capacity, and a mask requirement.
For the health and safety of community members and election workers, DO NOT go to a polling place if:
• you feel sick or have a fever,
• have tested positive for COVID-19
• are in quarantine
• have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19
If you are unable to come to the polls due to sickness or other emergency, contact your town clerk before Election Day to arrange for receiving a ballot at your home.
Every eligible, registered voter should be able to vote on election day.
• Wear a cloth face covering when entering the polling place. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you at no charge.
o If you do not or cannot wear a facial covering, you may be asked to wait outside in a designated area, and a ballot will be brought to you.
o You will not be asked for documentation for why you cannot wear a mask.
o A poll worker will explain the process, including putting the ballot in the certificate envelope that you must sign.
• If possible, bring a black ink pen to mark your ballot.
• Wash hands prior to entering the polling place if possible. Hand sanitizer will be provided for use before and after voting.
• Be prepared before coming to the polls. If you were mailed a ballot but have not voted it, bring it with you to expedite the process. Review ballots ahead of time to speed the process and limit your exposure to others. You can log into your My Voter Page at mvp.vermont.gov or check your town clerk’s website to view ballots.
• If you have concerns, contact your town clerk or presiding officer.
If you have any questions, please contact the Putney Town Clerk (802) 387-5862 ext. 13 or email@example.com