On Friday, May 13, at 7:30 p.m., at the The School for International Training, Room IC‐101, International Center, 1 Kipling Road, Brattleboro, The Windham World Affairs Council is presenting Dr. John Hagen, an Air Force lieutenant colonel, who will speak on “American Engagement with Niger: A Case Study on Confronting Violent Extremism in Africa.” As the academic lead for a U.S. State Department initiative that is helping to develop professional military education for the army of Niger, John Hagen is in a good position to analyze the situation in that country and discuss U.S. involvement there. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee/tea/conversation will precede Dr. Hagan’s talk at 7:00 pm. For more information, visit: www.windhamworldaffairscouncil.org
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- Putney Grade Schools Reunion date set
- Twilight on the Tavern Lawn presents The Stockwell Brothers on Sunday, June 16
- Free queen size mattress
- Dosa Kitchen at Putney Farmers’ Market Sunday
- 2009 Forest River Flagstaff Pop Up Camper
- Sidewalk Project
- Road Closure
- Talk on the Emerald Ash Borer Threat in Vermont
- Thank you!
- This Thursday–Bees Besieged: A History of Beekeeping