On Friday, May 13, at 7:30 p.m., at the The School for International Training, Room IC‐101, International Center, 1 Kipling Road, Brattleboro, The Windham World Affairs Council is presenting Dr. John Hagen, an Air Force lieutenant colonel, who will speak on “American Engagement with Niger: A Case Study on Confronting Violent Extremism in Africa.” As the academic lead for a U.S. State Department initiative that is helping to develop professional military education for the army of Niger, John Hagen is in a good position to analyze the situation in that country and discuss U.S. involvement there. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee/tea/conversation will precede Dr. Hagan’s talk at 7:00 pm. For more information, visit: www.windhamworldaffairscouncil.org
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- Vermont Jazz Center’s 45th Annual Summer Workshop Goes Virtual With ZOOM INTO JAZZ!
- Missing cat
- Aug. 11 Primary Election- Online Candidates Forum for Windham 4 Democrats
- cats missing
- Yellow Barn 2020 Summer Concert Series
- Putney Farmers’ Market is Reopening Our In-person Market!
- Amid Black Lives Matter Movement Comes Call For Change At Putney School
- Next Legislators Online Meeting to Feature Xusana Davis, Director of Vt. Racial Equity Commission
- Putney Summer for Kids!