The Putney Winter Parking Ban is in effect commencing November 1, 2022 through April 15, 2023. Per the order of the Select Board, the following will be cause for removal of vehicle at the owner’s expense.
• It shall be unlawful to leave a vehicle on a property owned, leased or maintained by the Town, or parked on a street within the Town, for twelve hours or more continuously.
• It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on a street, (the whole area within the limits of a public highway, except sidewalks), within the Town in a manner to interfere with the
plowing/removal of snow from the streets.
• It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on a street in the Town, with the exception of that section of road, for more than one hour during the period from the 1st day of November in each year until the 15th of April next following, between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
• Parking shall be prohibited on both sides of Route U.S. 5 from the intersection of the Interstate 91 to the intersection of River Road from midnight to 7:00 a.m. between November 1 and April 15.
• In addition to any other penalties imposed, any vehicle parked in violation of the provisions of this section may be summarily removed as for the abatement of a public nuisance, by order of any Police Officer and at the expense of the owner.
Town Manager’s Office