NOTICE OF MEETING
The Putney Town School Board will meet at 5:15 p.m. on Thursday, September 25 at the Putney Central School.
I. CALL TO ORDER – 5:15 p.m. – Alice Laughlin, Board Chair
II. REVIEW, PRIORITIZE AND ESTABLISH DESIRED OUTCOMES FOR MEETING BY CHAIRPERSON
III. CLERK’S REPORT
A. Approval of Minutes – September 11, 2014
IV. RECOGNITION OF GROUPS AND/OR INDIVIDUAL VISITS
V. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT
VI. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. P.T.O. Update
• Approve/Ratify Warrants
• Ratification of Treasurer’s Disbursements
C. School Forest Committee
• Mary Quinn
D Endowment Committee
E. Building and Grounds Committee
• Pellet Boiler
F. Putney Food Project
• Universal Meals
VII. STRATEGIC PLANNING – Discussion
VIII. BOARD GOALS – Discussion
• Discuss Community Outreach Letter
• Schedule Meetings with Community Stakeholders
IX. UNFINISHED BUSINESS, If Any
A. Food Service Contract – Action Needed (10/9)
X. NEW BUSINESS, If Any
XI. FUTURE MEETINGS, DISCUSSIONS
EXECUTIVE SESSION (If Needed)
Putney Town School Board Goals
• Promote sustainability across PCS, including campus buildings and grounds, universal meals and food systems, and student programming.
• Support a comprehensive educational vision that values differentiated instruction for all students, project-based and integrated learning, and
innovative summer programming.
• Continue to support PCS faculty with the implementation of the Common Core, including Next Generation Science Standards.
• Promote routine engagement between the Board an the wider Putney community through effectively communicating a standing invitation to School Board meetings with a variety of community stakeholders, including but not limited to: other educational entities, Putney Family Services, the Putney Select Board, Next Stage, the Putney PTO, and the School Forest Committee.
Windham Southeast Supervisory Union
53 Green Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301