“What’s one thing you would change about Putney?” That’s what Putney Central School 8th graders in Leah Toffolon’s Social Studies class asked people in Putney one day this fall. As part of their “Exploring Sustainability” curriculum, students woked with photographer Evie Lovett and the Vermont Folklife Center to learn ethnographic research and interviewing techniques and media production. Students recorded and produced Vox Pops, audio pieces reflecting the voices of their community. Listen to the Vox Pops and hear what people would—and wouldn’t—change about our Putney community: https://soundcloud.com/evielovett/sets/putney-central-school-vox-pops
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Stories by topic
- 3.29.2020 PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
- Putney Community Nightly Bell Ringing!
- Vt. National Guard to Set Up C19 Testing Site at Landmark College
- Come Grow With Us At The Putney Community Garden
- Putney Foodshelf Open Hours Saturday 3/28 9-10am
- Putney Public Library: All Due Dates Suspended
- Putney Food Coop Curbside Ordering Now Available
- Public Letter from County Legislators re:C19
- Vermont Foodbank Produce Drop: 3/26 at 9:30 am
- 3.19.2020 Public Health Notice