“What’s one thing you would change about Putney?” That’s what Putney Central School 8th graders in Leah Toffolon’s Social Studies class asked people in Putney one day this fall. As part of their “Exploring Sustainability” curriculum, students woked with photographer Evie Lovett and the Vermont Folklife Center to learn ethnographic research and interviewing techniques and media production. Students recorded and produced Vox Pops, audio pieces reflecting the voices of their community. Listen to the Vox Pops and hear what people would—and wouldn’t—change about our Putney community: https://soundcloud.com/evielovett/sets/putney-central-school-vox-pops
iPutney is a non-profit community news web site. Put your own Putney news and events online by clicking on "Submit Story" or "Add Calendar Event"
Support our sponsors
Stories by topic
- A Trillion Trees
- In 2 Weeks…Community Suppers Are Back!
- THE STOCKWELL BROTHERS FELLOW PYNINS at NEXT STAGE
- Items For sale
- Cancellation: Putney Food Drop Thursday 1/26
- Legislative Update with Reps. Mike Mrowicki and Sara Coffey
- Next Stage Arts Kicks off the Brattleboro Winter Carnival with Montreal Contemporary Ice Skaters Le Patin Libre on 2/17
- 2023 FLOWER CSA FARM SHARES AVAILABLE IN PUTNEY/ E. DUMMERSTON!
- Putney Property Taxes Due
- Hiking in Austria: An online presentation by Edwin de Bruijn